All applicants of engineering department are invited by IAF Permanent Commission Engineering for joining the Technical branch of Permanent Commission Officers. An Entrance Test is organized by this Commission for this course. This Commission has been authorized by the Government of India and the selection is made by the Commission for the Defense Department in the Indian Air Force.
• Candidates should be physically and mentally fit so that they can be eligible for this Entrance test.
• Candidates should be in between18- 28 years of age.
• Candidates who are below 25 years of age should be unmarried.
• Candidate should have completed any of the following degree courses and must have secured at least 55% in total from any reputed Institute:
1. Engineering Degree in Electronics/Telecommunication/Electrical/Electrical Communication/Electronics and Communication/Instrumentation/ Computer Science and Engineering
2. M.Sc. Physics with Electronics
3. B.Tech in Radio Physics and Electronics
4. M.Sc. Electronics
5. B.Sc. (PCM)
• Candidates must appear for an Initial Screening Test called Engineering Knowledge Test which will be conducted by the Air force Department.
• The above mentioned test will comprise only of Psychological Questions.
• Candidates must appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview but only after clearing the written aptitude test.
• This examination will be held at following centers:
Mysore, Dehradun and Varanasi.
• The last date of submitting completely filled application form is First week of September, 2009.
• The date of Entrance Examination will be in Last week of October, 2009.